ADHD Assessments for Teens
Real Help For ADHD
Virtual ADHD Diagnostic Assessments for Teens at ADHD IQ
I provide comprehensive ADHD assessments for teens.
An ADHD diagnosis requires that:
1. An ADHD diagnosis for teens requires six or more symptoms in one of the two main categories (or both) over the last six months — inattention and hyperactivity/impulsivity.
2. Teens must have symptomatic behavior in two or more settings, like at home and at school usually as identified by two or more observers.
3. The symptoms are debilitating and interfere with daily functioning.
4. Symptomatic behavior started in childhood, usually before age 12, even though a diagnosis may not have been made at that time.
5. Symptoms aren’t better explained by another diagnosis like a trauma disorder, an anxiety disorder, depression or a sleep disturbance. However, it is possible and quite common to have ADHD and one or more of these other diagnoses. Great care will be taken to understand your specific presentation to get the diagnosis and treatment right.