ADHD Assessments for Adults
Real Help For ADHD
Virtual Diagnostic ADHD Assessments for Adults at ADHD IQ
I provide ADHD assessments for adults.
The evaluation consists of several electronic assessment scales for you to complete, prior to a 60-90-minute diagnostic interview with me. If you choose, a significant other may attend the assessment appointment. Having a second source of observation of your symptoms is quite useful in the assessment process, but is certainly optional. Within 2 weeks of your appointment, you will receive a diagnostic report which will include my findings and treatment recommendations. I offer a 15-minute follow-up appointment (free of charge) to review the report together, answer any questions you may have, and discuss my recommendations if you wish.
You will receive your diagnostic report by email with my findings and treatment recommendations within 2 weeks of our appointment which you may use to request a medication trial with your primary care provider and/or accommodations to support your success at work.
An ADHD diagnosis requires that:
1. An ADHD diagnosis for adults requires at least five established ADHD behaviors in one category (inattention or hyperactivity/impulsivity) for six months.
2. Adults must have symptomatic behavior in two or more settings, like at home, school or at work, usually as identified by two or more observers.
3. The symptoms are debilitating and interfere with daily functioning.
4. Symptomatic behavior started in childhood, usually before age 12, even though a diagnosis may not have been made at that time.
5. Symptoms aren’t better explained by another diagnosis like a trauma disorder, an anxiety disorder, depression or a sleep disturbance. However, it is possible and quite common to have ADHD and one or more of these other diagnoses. Great care will be taken to understand your specific presentation to get the diagnosis and treatment right.